"For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring,
and my blessing on your descendants".
The Source is an informal 6.00 p.m service on the 1st Sunday of the month at All Saint's Church, Kemble.
Please see the calendar for the latest details.
The service is led by our worship group on a topical theme and includes an informal time of prayer and a short presentation by members of the church family.
We finish with refreshments.
' At a recent Source service following the theme of 'How we can make a difference in our communities, the following suggestions were made. Not all are possible for everyone, but hopefully they will stimulate us into action. We would love to get your feedback or any accounts of how implementing this made a difference to someone's life.
1. Paying 'forward' for gifts ie paying for someone to have a coffee in a drive by queue.
2. Take in or enable someone needy to be taken in and given hospitality.
3. Carry with us a 'giveaway' ie something that could bless others and being prepared in advance.
4. Courage to speak about our faith.
5. Visit lonely people.
6. Ask young and old to do something for you. ie put yourself in their debt. (people will often respond if you ask them to do something for you).
7. Working together for a cause. (eg Litter pick, or tidy communal space)
8. Deliver 'Welcome Packs' giving information about our village and details of church to newcomers including perhaps a bunch of flowers. (eg Kemble new development - speak to Binnie Rank)
9. Long term commitment to supporting someone.
Please feed any comments or outcomes back to me. I look forward to hearing from you.